Head of DBaaS Cloud Data Solutions - R1930675
This team is focused on delivering data services to Citi on and off-premises by reducing friction and ensuring effortless compliance. Cloud Data Solutions achieves this through the dual strategies of automation and integration through the Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) suite of offerings, and by providing automated, intuitive metadata scanning of private and public cloud data assets via Cortex.
The IT Senior Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a Managing Director role and function as an integral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
This is a role for a technology leader who can take a client focused approach to designing and building state of the art database self-service automated solutions. The goal of this group is to automate the Database use as a Service for one-click service to the developer community in a DevOps model. The ideal candidate has experience building an end to end solution with full stack responsibility. Key to success in this position is an ability to lead a diverse team of technical and subject matter experts in a variety of fields including UI development, database technologies, automation, data management and API development. A broad understanding of database technologies and the public cloud landscape in the data space is required. This role requires clear communications to senior management, key stake holders and partners.
- Ensures managed areas are defining and implementing systems that are aligned with business strategy and goals.
- Resolves a variety of broad based and complex issues. Applies a broad and comprehensive understanding in multiple functional areas as well as underlying business principles.
- Demonstrates an in depth understanding of how own sub function integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Impacts the technology sub function by strategic influence and by exercising control over resources, budget management and planning; accountable for end results.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience in multiple technology disciplines with extensive experience in business, functional and people management.
- Integration through the Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) experience
- Automated, intuitive metadata scanning of private and public cloud data experience
- Budget management, Risk & Control management, influencing skills
- Managerial experience
- You have a solid understanding of a wide range of database technologies that run on premises and in the cloud.
- You have multiple years of experience leading teams of technologists preferably in a comparable technology or financial institutions organization.
- You have experience building strong, effective teams.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in high stress situations
- You enjoy learning and love sharing your knowledge with the team and helping them achieve their goals.
- You have a positive attitude with the drive to get the work done
- You enjoy collaborating and working as part of a cross discipline team.
- You’re continuously looking for ways to improve things.
- You understand the importance of prioritization of your work.
- Providing a great experience for your team and your internal customers is important to you.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.