Linux Infrastructure Solutions Engineer
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Enterprise Infrastructure and Engineering. Team members within the Linux Services functions will engineer and certify Red Hat Linux operating system and platform builds and capabilities on IBM System Z. They will manage system software problems, service improvements and develop continuity of business/resiliency and move, add and change activities for their service domain. The team also is responsible for enterprise-wide Linux for System Z OS tools, with a strong focus on automation capabilities, the engineering lifecycle, core product management processes, and defining the strategy around our next generation capabilities.
The Linux Engineering team is part of Citi’s Global Mainframe Business Integration (BI) group within Enterprise Infrastructure and Engineering. The technologies this team is involved with include the latest IBM Middleware products for IBM System Z, both on the traditional z/OS operating systems and Linux. The team interacts closely and collaborates with the middleware teams in BI supporting their own technology domains.
The Infrastructure Solutions Engineer will be responsible for the design and delivery of technology infrastructure solutions to enable the Citi product teams (Institutional Client Group and/or Global Consumer Banking) and functions achieve their goals for being the best for the client. You will apply your technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to uncover challenges and identify/develop solutions, ideally repeatable, to solve those challenges. You will serve as the subject matter expert for Linux engineering, systems configuration, capacity planning, performance analysis and infrastructure planning.
- Identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems and connectivity solutions in line with strategic direction
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on Linux engineering, systems configuration and integration, performance analysis and optimization
- Design and impact timely delivery of resilient infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements and are stable, resilient, operationally supportable and cost effective
- Involved in creation of infrastructure blueprints for internal customers, building and maintaining development patterns as well as designing production solutions
- Impact cost saves and cost avoidance by standardizing design solutions and exploring opportunities to recover unused capacity
Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Enhance client satisfaction by identifying and supporting process improvement and automation initiatives while ensuring compliance of solutions to operations roadmap
- Apply comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
Core Role Competencies
- Project Management: Experience leading projects or programs across multiple technical domains, business sectors and/or functions. Lays out a thorough schedule, uses achievements to track and handle the progress, looks for obstacles and develops contingency plans.
- Technical Knowledge: Applies in-depth/comprehensive knowledge of specialty area (s)/subject domain to assume responsibility for large, complex system(s) / initiatives.
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions.
- Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
- Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
- Effective Communication: Is able to effectively communicate across a number of communication settings and regularly does so. Takes time to consider what the partner knows and cares about, drafts messages, and rehearses so that they are confident delivering the content of the message. Seeks input, checks understanding and presents message in different ways to improve understanding.
Skills / Experience Levels
- You have familiarity and demonstrated experience of the specialist infrastructure technology domain in an enterprise environment. Your technical proficiency includes systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- You hold applicable technical domain certification (preferred)
- You have project experience migrating and deploying solutions in the applicable area of technical knowledge/expertise
- You have excellent social and organizational skills, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to influence manage and articulate clearly to project stakeholders and senior management
- You have a positive, do what it takes attitude to drive success
- Providing a great experience to your internal customers is important to you.
- You are a detail-oriented individual who has confidence with project tracking, reports, metrics and presentations. You are proficient with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, or other analytical tools associated with project management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.