Product Control – Equities Assistant Vice PresidentLocations: 墨西哥城, Ciudad de México, 墨西哥 Job Function: Accounting Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20195293
The Prod Ctrl Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to ensure the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the bank's books and records in coordination with the Finance team. The overall objective of this role is to control and support data integrity and general ledger reconciliation, profit attribution and new activity analysis, valuation control and product P&L and balance sheet reporting.
- Provide operational direction to Finance team
- Assist with contributing to the development of new techniques, models and plans
- Resolve varied and substantial issues that potentially impact the business
- Perform detailed analysis on issues and recommended solutions, as appropriate
- Analyze information utilizing in-depth knowledge of industry practices and procedures
- Escalate anomalies and issues efficiently and on time
- Supervise, motivate, and develop the team, ensuring the quality of deliverables meets or exceeds expectations
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Daily P&L and PAA production and review
- Reconcile MTD daily P&L figures from product control report to the general ledger and management reports
- Clearly document procedures followed
- Coordinate with other areas mapping of new products from the daily P&L report to books and records
- Coordinate with Technology the projects to connect the different front end systems to S2
- Preparation of market commentaries to explain significant P&L movements and events
- Ensure accurate income statement and balance reporting sheet during month end close
- Networking with other areas of Finance to ensure policies and procedures are consistently adhered to
- Collaborating with cross functional teams, including front office, market risk, and operations to resolve open risks
- Performing analysis for ad hoc requests regarding regulatory, valuation, risk and operational concerns.
- Regular interaction with managers throughout the organization, including but not limited to Directors and/or Managing Directors of Finance, trading desks, Middle office, risk management, business unit management teams and operations is required
- Participate in discussions with internal and external auditors
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extensive experience across Product Control and Finance processes
- A proven track record of working in teams
- A control focused mind-set with strong process improvement capabilities
- A proven knowledge in Debt securities, IR, FX, Commodities and Equity Derivatives
- For this position it is required to solve problems that require careful analysis, diagnosis and interpretation in order to develop alternative solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in Financial Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, engineering, finance or economics.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Motivated, organized, and team oriented
- Control focused-mindset
- Understand balance sheet management concepts
- Advanced level of English
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - MX
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.