SVP, Accounting Policy Senior Lead AnalystLocations: 纽约, 纽约州 Job Function: Accounting Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20203784
The Account Policy Sr Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Participate in accounting policy enforcement and ensures that Citi's business activities are in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Contribute to the Mergers and Acquisition process at Citi.
- Assist in facilitating the proper implementation of new accounting standards, disseminates information on current accounting topics and recent developments that affect Citi and acts as a source to obtain recent presentations and corresponds with external standard setters and regulators.
- Lead implementation efforts for new accounting standards, primarily US GAAP but including IFRS
- Advise business heads and managers regarding the accounting implications of new products and changes to existing products.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to facilitate firm-wide education of new or changing accounting requirements to ensure that management understands the impact of new standards and regulations
- Research technical accounting issues, and consulting with Citi Regional and Corporate Accounting Policy groups on complex transactions.
- Prepare detailed documentation to support accounting conclusions of new/modified products and complex transactions.
- Prepare and present to Senior Management impacts of accounting standards, complex transactions.
- Provide accounting training (on existing and new pronouncements) to Local Finance and Business teams.
- Strategic professional who advises on directional strategy by analyzing subject matter and its application in own job and the business.
- Use communication and diplomacy to guide and influence others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Technical expert who acts as an advisor on significant business/product decisions
- Assist with Balance Sheet Review process, and Internal and External auditors processes where applicable
- Participate in the development of Citi’s Global accounting policies and positions.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8+ years experience working for Big 4, FASB and/or U.S. banking regulator is highly desirable
- Practical knowledge of US GAAP, specifically in regards to financial instrument accounting; Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting / Basel issues ; The individual must possess excellent interpersonal and client service skills as well as have the ability to work very closely with many different levels of management on the business side; Excellent research, analytical, organization and drafting skills; Excellent negotiation, research, analytical, organization and drafting skills are also necessary
- fast thinker/quick learner and possess the ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment n order to meet deadlines; The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task while working on long-term projects
- CPA or equivalent certification required
- Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.